Vickers Texas BBQ # 124-A "An old family recipe, this is the best BBQ rub in TEXAS! Rub into beef or pork at least 2 hours before cooking. Great for brisket
INGREDIENT STATEMENT ON BAG:
Blended of Salt, Sugar, Spices, Paprika,Chile , Monosodium Glutamate (3.12%), Onion Powder,
Garlic Powder and Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor.
This is a blend of seasonings that can either be sprinkled on meat either before or after it is
cooked. Apply to taste.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Rub seasoning into surface of meat. Beef, pork, chicken, etc. may be used. This seasoning
gives an excellent flavor to pork chops, pork ribs, and chicken grilled or cooked on a
rotisserie. Many people like to use about 1/3 Oz. of seasoning to a pound of meat. For an
enhanced BBQ flavor, hold the meat 4-6 hours at 40° F after seasoning before cooking.
This seasoning may also be mixed with ketchup or commercial BBQ sauce to increase their
flavor. Add to taste.
Prepare The Brisket :
Generously coat all sides of the brisket, particularly the fat layer, with the Texas rub. Cover and let the meat come to room temperature, about 1 hour.
Prepare The Grill
- Arrange a fire by using your chimney lighter to ignite your wood or a combination of wood and charcoal in the firebox or light the coals in a water smoker. Or preheat a gas smoker/grill. Place a Drip pan in the middle in the middle of your grill fill with 1 inch water.
- When the coals burned down to glowing embers or the coals are covered with gray ash, place the brisket fat side up on the grill grate over the drip pan, but not directly over the coals. The fire should be kept at a low temperature of 225 to 250 degrees.
- Cover the cooker and smoke the brisket, turning it every hour, until the meat is tender and the internal temperature reaches 180 to 190 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 8 to 10 hours.
- Keep the fire tended by adding wood (or wood embers from a separate fire) or coals to keep it from going out and to keep the temperature inside the cooker between 225 and 300 degrees.
- When the brisket is charred and tender (a fork should insert easily), remove it from the cooker and allow to rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- Trim off the fat layer to serve, and cut brisket in thin slices across the grain. Serve with warm barbecue sauce, if desired. Or stack several slices in a sandwich bun spread lightly with sauce.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews